Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms on the internet. With over a billion downloads on both the PlayStore and App Store, the popularity of the social media giant, as well as its app, cannot be denied. It can be said that almost every smartphone has Instagram installed, taking it into the highly coveted group of apps with the highest possible user coverage next to the Google apps and the Facebook app.
‘Smart’Phones – the Smartest deal today!
As smartphones get smarter, both device and OS developers have turned towards getting the best out of the device. As smartphone manufacturers are trying to fit more and more into the tightest and tiniest of spaces possible, energy and heat management have become issues that have started plaguing even the flagship phones.
It is thus a little surprised when various manufacturers, as well as both Google and Apple, announced that Android and iOS would support dark mode on their phones, and the same can be used by any apps which are already installed on these smartphones.
What is Dark mode?
Here are some things that you needed to know about the dark mode:
- Dark Mode refers to the theme of the phone being transformed from the usual white background with either black or colored text and images to black background with white and other colored text and pictures.
- The ramifications of dark mode are immense as it allows the smartphone to save a lot of energy and push their idle time and on-screen time to the extreme. Dark mode allows your phone to save energy, reduces the heating problem, and, most important of all, is easy on the eyes.
- In dark mode, the majority of the screen is almost always black, which means the corresponding pixels are turned off and do not consume power as opposed to being always switched on to display a white background. This gives the phone a dark theme and allows the phone to manage its energy consumption cleverly.
Dark Mode in Apps
App developers have started to factor in the new possibility of allowing the dark mode in their apps, which in turn will help boost the battery performance of the device. As users spend most of their time on social media apps, it makes sense that these apps also incorporate such features, which ensure prolonged battery life and better user experience.
Dark mode allows users to use apps for a longer time without tiring their eyes out and also enables the smartphone to avoid heating and efficiently use its battery.
Popular apps such as Instagram have already updated their apps to support dark mode and allow for better user experience. The dark way is available in both iOS and Android devices, and as such, you can use your favorite apps and browse Instagram in dark mode by simply enabling dark mode on Instagram.
Enable Dark Mode in Instagram
Enabling dark mode on Instagram is very easy. By enabling dark mode on Instagram, you can save battery, rest your eyes, and prolong your battery life. It also increases the efficiency of your smartphone and ensures that it works in optimal conditions at all times.
To switch to dark mode on Instagram, simply follow these steps.
- Go to Settings on your Android or iOS device
- Navigate to Display settings
- Look for Dark Mode option in your display settings
- Switch on the dark mode settings for your phone
- Open the Instagram app
- Voila, you are now using Instagram in dark mode, which is safe for your eyes and good for your phone at the same time.
Dark mode on Instagram, apart from looking cool, also has other tangible benefits that go a long way. It reduces the heating of your phone, increases performance and efficiency, and prolongs the battery life, thus extending the life of your smartphone itself.
Switch to dark mode today and give your eyes the care they deserve and your smartphone an extended life so you won’t have to switch phones after a year because of heating and battery issues.